Saturday, May 8, 2010

wet day


Today was a sort of blah day. Instead of going to the gym like we should have we kicked around. Did a little window shopping on Church Street. The guitar store had a nice Seagull s12. It didn't have the Q1 electronics and it was more than the price I found on amazon. Right now the plan looks like I will be saving for this. They have a used Norman 12 string at a store nearby, but I think I like the Seagull from Amazon better.


We did pick up the new James Taylor and Carole King Live at the Troubador CD/DVD mix. The music is great.


On Church street there is a free art gallery. From April 26 until May 23 they have an exhibit by Helga Weissova Hoskava. As a child she was deported in 1941 to the Terezin Ghetto. She made drawings of her experience while she was there. When she was supposed to be deported with her mom to Auschwitz in Sept. 1944 she hid them with an uncle. Both she and her mom survived unlike the vast majority of the residents of Terezin. If you get a chance look her up. The drawings were exceptionally poignant especially given their history.

2 comments:

Paula said...

I love my Seagull S6. I am sure that the S12 will be awesome. I am looking to try some silk and steel strings out on the little guiar- and people say that they love them on 12 strings. I may try them next on it.

Aunt Judy said...

I certainly will check out the art work. Thanks for making me aware.