Thursday, May 27, 2010

So the plan is to play at the last Coffeehouse of the year. It is outside and should be interesting. We are playing Summertime Blues the Who version. I just found out today the chord progression. It would seem easy as it is only 3 chords. The problem is it's E, A, followed by B. The B of course is a barred chord, and the people I'll play with are going fast. Remember... I just found out today. Oh well. The good news is I'll probably be drowned out and can get away with skipping the B. It will be a little boring for me, but easy.
The group is playing another song but I won't find out that one until tomorrow, but I believe it has 4-5 chords, but no bar chords. ((although a few are 7th's so the sound should be good. I don't think I'll play the 12 string.
No plans right now to videotape this one unless the student from last year is bringing his camera.

1 comment:

Your Sis said...

I haven't tried any B chords yet. E and A nd B are in a ton of songs- so I need to learn it.

I'm really proud that you do this and wish I were a. good enough t try it and b. brave like you. I think you get that from Dad. If you dress like a California raisin, or Tina Turner or Vanna White noone will care if you skip all the chords.