Saturday, August 22, 2009

Moving On


After 8 years or so, Beth has taken the opportunity to move on from Head Start. She has been offered a position about 15 minutes North of where she worked. She will be working for Franklin County Early Childhood Program as an EEE teacher. It is a similiar job, however she will be part of the Franklin Northwest School district and there is more room for advancement. It will also mean less home visits. We are excited and nervous about this change and a little saddened as head start has been very good to Beth over the years.

On a different note, we will be school shopping today as it is Tax-Free day in vermont. Yeah. We get this twice a year and although they don't normally tax clothes anyways, there are some wicked sales. We can also get some cheap classroom supplies. This is I believe the second or third year they have done this, with no taxes on items up to 2000 bucks.

5 comments:

Donna said...

We're very happy for you, Beth. I know you won't miss the home visits and recruitment part of Head Start. I'm sure the program will miss YOU!

Beth said...

Thank You! I'm very excited about this opportunity. I will miss different aspects of the Head Start Program,(not the home visits!)but have been ready to move on for quite awhile. I will have my own classroom!

Paula said...

Congratulations Beth! This is very cool.

Judy said...

Does this mean that you won't have to share a classroom? That will be great. I am happy for you. Both you and Jeff have a good start to the year.

Auntie Elaine said...

Congratulations Beth! It has to be so exciting. I know you will miss your kids, but there are new ones waiting in the wings.