Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summers end?

As we approach the closing of summer vacation Beth and I have enjoyed visiting with family in Indiana, as well as Beth helping her folks out some more with the deconstruction of the house. Immediately after returning from Indiana we both started a Couch to 5 K in 8 weeks program and we are progressing nicely (two weeks in). I am having some pain issues associated with my knees, feet and ankles due to my planter fasceiitis and my weight, but I am pushing through.



Today we travelled to Lake Placid for the day and enjoyed good food and some shopping. I decided to get a picture of the sign for with Pipe and Book. One of my favorite places in Lake Placid. It went out of business a few years ago and I think is going to be switched over soon. We also saw many little knick knacky things like the little Santa here. I got a picture because this is something I want to try as I begin getting into wood carving. As per Dad's recommendation I started trying carving with soap. Here is a pic of a little bear figurine I whittled out in about an hour. Not great, but it's a start to get a feel for working with shapes.That said, enough for now.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the bear. Keep carving.