Sunday, October 30, 2011

Campfire fun

So tonight Beth made some really good bean soup with cornbread. Absolutely wonderful, but we'll pay tomorrow :)

Then after it got dark I started a campfire and we enjoyed some good conversation and some mediocre guitar playing, but it was loads of fun. After playing I decided to do a few fake wolf howls for the neighbors benefit. To my surprise from down the hill by the water treatment plant I started getting some response from the local coyote pack. First a couple of yips and barks, followed by the clearest, most classic coyote howl I have ever heard. It was exactly dead on and it was pretty darn close. It was eerie, exciting, and made me shiver and smile at the same time.

We squeezed a bit closer to the fire, continued for a bit and let the fire burn down and then came in. We have begun to carve our pumpkins but will take a break to watch Amazing Race.

Beth and I have both taken personal days for tomorrow and have plans to go somewhere for a day hike. Nothing fancy just some time out in nature. It will be close by... no trips to NY for this.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Those damm aliens!

Your Mom said...

Better keep Denali safe.