Thursday, February 17, 2011

camping

All right dad,

looking at Paula's blog and the whole Cullins thing got me thinking. I'm trying to remember the different places we used to go for our monthly camping outings. I can remember clearly : Cullins, Camp Aquila, Putnam "Park?" and I remember heading to the ghost town "Dudleytown" (although I'm not sure if we camped there.) I also remember some of the special trips like West Point, and sleeping atop the Empire State Building.
I remember Hiking the AT through parts of Connecticut (bear Mountain) and I think we even hit Mass.
So the question is... where else did we go? I remember one place that had a hike to a very long abandoned train tunnel and a few other places but I'm not sure where they were.

2 comments:

Dad said...

If this is a test, I will probably fail. We did camp at Dudleytown. Also we camped a few times on the Appalachian Trail in NY and Mass. We camped near Troy when the temp dropped to near -10; and the ski trips Vermont and Mt. Gore. We did a day trip to Mystic Seaport. I remember the site with the railroad tunnel, but I don't recall where it was at.

Mr. Richey said...

Wasn't there someplace up in the Northwest part of the state. I seem to remember stopping at a place called Kent falls?

I also remember hiking from the church through Sandy Hook down the road past the dam for 6 or 7 miles to Southbury near an apple farm.