Saturday, December 5, 2009


After coming home last night from the hockey game, I was a bit surprised to see a dark shape up in the apple tree about 5 feet from me. As my eyes adjusted to the "lack of?' light. I saw that it was a large Barred Owl. As I moved towards the porch it took off. Pretty cool, and it can have all the mice it can catch. I haven't heard it calling at all, but it must be living around back. (Maybe in that tree that blew down and its looking for a new home now.)

Anyways, today was a day filled with shopping. It started at 9:00 at the Colchester craft fair then we hit the scuba store to get my tanks inspected, followed by lots of x-mas shopping. Got some done, but there is still a bit to go. Hopefully this next week.

Speaking of this next week, I was asked to give a speech for the National Honor Society Induction Ceremony on Wednesday. I'm honored, but still not sure what I'm going to say. Tomorrow will be dedicated to writing a speech, getting the small tree up downstairs, and getting the train up and running.

2 comments:

Mom Richey said...

Could this owl actually belong to Harry Potter and friends??? It must be cool to see it up close.
As for your speech - think back to when you were inducted and what it meant to you.

Dad said...

I guess the owl could be a hazard for Denali? One idea for the speech might be on good ethics. Using your education for helping others, volunteer work, etc. and poor examples would be Tiger.