Monday, May 2, 2011

AP Test

So today is the AP Chem test.

I had one student stop by and tell me that everyone survived but that it was really hard. Go figure.

I was told that 3 students showed up late... seriously???

I try to steer clear of students the day of the test and don't talk about it at all until the Free response Q's are released roughly 48 hrs after the test is given. I am not allowed to discuss the multiple choice questions with the students at all.

On a different note, I had my first "big" acid spill of the year today. A student knocked over my flask of 1 M HCl. Not a huge deal although it upset me that the students were not being careful. This could have easily been the 6 M sitting near it.

1 comment:

Your Sis said...

Jeff-
I know you are a great teacher. Don't take the students' performance on test with too much. Some of my better students don't get 4s or 5s on the AP test.

The HCl is always a little rough-