Saturday, October 31, 2009

Lottery Ticket
















So Beth and I decided thatI need to get a lottery ticket today. We have been under a high wind warning since 8:00 last night. Today after doing a lot of yardwork, getting ready for winter I decided to cook some hot dogs on the grill. As I was out there I heard a crack. I bolted and narrowly missed getting clobbered by this tree. In the picks we have cleaned out a few of the branches to get in get the "now ruined" hot dogs off the grill. Needless to say my heart is racing right now. The good news is that it missed the shed, and the arbor is flexible enough that I think it came through undamaged. Our neighbor Joe will be out later today with his chainsaw to help clean it up. He was out in his backyard working on his deck when it went down.

4 comments:

Your sis said...

I am glad you are okay. That is not a small branch by any means.
No more hot dogs for you in high wind.

Jeff said...

Not a branch. It was the tree. It snapped about 15 foot up the trunk.

your sis said...

I was being nice...
That is a huge tree.
That is exactly why we paid to have 4 removed near the house. Huge white pines.

Mom Richey said...

I am very thankful that you are okay. Has your rapid heartbeat slowed down yet????