Monday, October 8, 2012

Incentive

So here we are, the 9th of October and no I still haven't run a 5 K, But I'm close. Running over 2 miles flat and slow... but doing well. I felt it was time to ramp up the stakes and start looking for a race. Paula had let me know about a zombie run being held near here on the 20th that was tempting. The problem?Well first of all it would have been $77 each which included running with a LOT of other people andin the end all you get is a t-shirt and unfortunately the sizes only went to X-Large so that's no good for me anyways. I started looking for other 5 K's and saw that there was one in Shelburne but it had a significant hill in it. Then there was one scheduled for Oct 27th. Still thinking about it but again there are some decent hills in it and to be honest I just don't feel ready for that. All our running has been on a track or around fields and on a flat trail.
     What was there to do??? Well how about making my own race. Yes that's right. Some time this month Beth and I are going to run the 1st Vermont Squatch 5 K run for Jeff and Beth Richey. I don't know where we'll have it yet, but I am thinking that I'll incorporate the trails and fields we have run and incude a bit more. We also don't know when exactly we will try it. It will probably be either the 20th or the 27th. I did however order us our very own shirts that should get here this next monday. here is what they will look like:

I chose the squatch run in honor of one of my favorite subjects.

Thats all for now!!!

1 comment:

Your mom said...

You are as clever as your dad would be.