Saturday, March 26, 2011

interesting read


So after a shocking visit to the Dr. a month ago and finding out what my weight was (not sharing) then watching a video of me at school, I have decided it's time... Time to get serious about getting back in shape. No snacking after dinner, no binge eating, making sure I get active at least once for a minimum of 1/2 hr every day. We'll see how it goes.


I've been reading through the book here and it is extremely interesting. Ultimately it gets to a high protein, low carb diet. Primarily full of veggies and proteins (meats, eggs, fish, yogurt etc.) While it is interesting, I'm not sure how strict I'll follow it as it advocates no fruits (fructose is supposed to be seriously bad say's the author.) Personally I think this is the big area that seems unsound. It also mentioned how any breads or rice = bad. Even whole grain, Wild or brown. Again, I don't think this is entirely healthy to cut these out totally. Ultimately my hope is that it starts with small steps. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Mom said...

I'll be your biggest cheerleader. Good Luck!!!!

your sis said...

Jeff-

I'm with you- I need to start running again. It felt great to get in shape last year and then the school year hit and I made a lot of excuses. I gave up chocolate for Lent, so that has made it pretty easy to not snack too much.

I wanted to start last week, but had bronchitis. Today is the first day in about three weeks that I feel almost normal.

I love you and am sure that you'll make strides.

Mom- I am taking your comment that you meant "most enthusiastic" cheerleader. ;)

Mom said...

When I say "biggest" I mean BIGGEST!