Monday, December 17, 2012

Newtown



Newtown is in my thoughts and prayers at this time. It is too hard and could in no way reflect on all the memories, and emotions I have been going through these past three days. I will simply say at this time that it is surreal to think that the President of the United States was in my high school, speaking on the stage that I was on every day for 4 years, consoling children and families in the band room where I stored my euphonium and practiced. I wish he had visited for a different reasons and I pray for the families directly affected. I selfishly thank God that my direct friends did not have children that were injured, although there are definately a few connections to my class which is only expected given the size and make-up of this community.

1 comment:

your sis said...

I am right there with you. I have been flooded with memories of Newtown and feel so helpless and sad.