Saturday, June 26, 2010

Plattsburgh

We headed across the pond today to pick up our New York Fishing Licenses. A bit shocked to see that the season long non residents price went from 40 bucks apiece to 70. Sheesh. I wouldn't even mind if the money went into the Fish and Wildlife, or conservation or Adirondack DEC or something, however the Governer has decided to put this money into the general fund. what a waste. We came this close (imagine my two fingers spread about an inch apart) from not getting them. I wonder how much the state has lost from people who can't afford to go fishing. Unreal!!!

On a soccer note, Missed the game, but good luck Ghana as you move on and congrats to the US for making a run of it.

2 comments:

Catcher of the smallest and fewest fish said...

$70 each is a little steep. Its always ironic- raise the prices, people decide to chance fishing without a license, need more enforcement, increases the cost.

I plan to try my new reel today. I've had the lefty reel Dad gave me (and that I have used exclusively) for about 30 years, so this will be new.

Your Mom(Best Fisherman) said...

Both of you (Paula and Jeff) just need to remember all I taught you and you will be TOP FISHERMEN!!!!