Saturday, September 12, 2009




Finished with Weekend 1 of my Leadership Class. Now maybe I'll get a bit of time to practice on the strings. Speaking of which here's some picks. I have the Indiana Mandolin, my Pick 'n ' stick, My Blue Indian Scout BLS (my camping guitar), My Ibanez AES 10 EAM 1202 (my baby), and Beth's Yamaha FG-180 that she got for Christmas a couple years ago from Aunt Judy that she got a few years ago (I'm sure there's a story with it). The Yamaha from Aunt Judy has a rich, very deep tone, but I have had trouble with holding the strings down. You have to really crank down on them and I never play consitantly enough to get the hard calluses needed. Oh well, practice practice practice. At some point in the future I'll try to record a lil something and get it up. I do have initial plans to try and play with a coworker or two for the Dec. Coffeehouse.

3 comments:

Mr. Richey said...

Sorry for the spelling/grammatical errors. You can probably tell it's been a long week.

Your Favoritest Sister said...

Jeff-
Awesome collection! The Yamaha probably needs a truss rod adjustment. My guitar guy does it for about $30.

Mom Richey said...

Four of those were bought in Indiana. Hmm. Guess you need a FAT wallet when you come visit.